This is great potluck food. And with Mother’s Day this weekend, what better thing to bring over than a healthy, tasty, and fresh quinoa salad? The dish can be made ahead of time, without the vinaigrette, and kept refrigerated until serving time. Just toss with the made-ahead vinaigrette before serving.
- 2 cups cooked quinoa, from 1 dry cup (I cook 1 cup and keep the leftovers for another dish)
- 3 large kale leaves, cut in a chiffonade
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, separated
- 1 ear fresh corn, shucked
- 1 apple, cored and diced
- 1 pear, cored and diced
- 1 mango, diced (or about 1 cup)
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced small
- 1/3 cup pecans, toasted
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons ponzu
- 1 teaspoon ume plum vinegar (you can use red wine vinegar)
- Sea salt and fresh pepper
In a large salad bowl, place the kale, and add 1 tablespoon lime juice. Massage the kale with your hands about 1 minute. Add the quinoa, corn, apple, pear, mango, red onion, and toasted pecans. Mix well.
In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil, ponzu, 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, and vinegar. Season well with sea salt and pepper. If you are serving right away, pour the vinaigrette over the salad and mix well. If you are wanting to bring your dish somewhere or eat later, store the salad and the vinaigrette in the fridge separately, and toss right before serving.
Let me know if you try this recipe! Leave a comment, rate it, or tag a photo using #THEVeganBlonde on Instagram. Bon appétit!