Tapenade is a Provençal dish made from finely chopped olives, capers, usually anchovies, and olive oil. For this version, we added some figs and some fresh herbs, for a delectable twist on a classic. This tapenade will be the perfect hors-d’oeuvres that can be enjoyed with a cocktail. It’s a very simple recipe, just get yourself a nice baguette, and you’re set!
- 1 cup Fruit Bliss® figs, chopped very small
- ½ cup Kalamata olives, pitted, rinsed, and drained
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon capers, minced
- ½ teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
In order to get a rustic tapenade, the use of a mortar and pestle is recommended.
Mash the olives with the garlic, capers, rosemary, and thyme. Add in the figs, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil, and mix well. Season to taste with sea salt and pepper.